Saturday, June 13, 2009

Can I change my login ID name on email, or can I have two email mail boxes?

I added another email address and I can use it to get into my rctfree email, but when others try to send me email on the new one, rcthomas315, it does not come through. I want another outside-in email, can this happen?

Can I change my login ID name on email, or can I have two email mail boxes?
When you say you added another email address, are you saying you did it from within your account or that you created a new Yahoo! account and are using that email address? If the latter is the case, you will not be able to view both accounts from the same inbox.





You can create one extra email address to use with your Yahoo! account. Emails to both addresses will be received in the same inbox, and when you compose a new email you will be able to select which email address to use in the "From" field. You can find more about this at http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/extra...





If this is what you are talking about already, make sure you check the individual emails. You will only know what email address the message was sent to by checking the "To" field on the email. Also be sure that the messages are not being filtered out as junk to your bulk mail folder. If you are able to send out emails from the address with no problem, try testing it by sending one to yourself and seeing if you receive it. If you are still having problems, you may need to fill out the feedback form linked on the bottom of any of the Yahoo! Help subpages (see link above).


No comments:

Post a Comment